Victor Ortiz is an angry and dangerous man – much angrier than he’s been in a long time.
It was a learning experience for Victor Ortiz for his six-round knockout loss to Marcos Maidana of more than two years ago. He believes that he was more cautious and aware of the risk of being the aggressive fighter and for that fight it was totally makes him the fighter to watch for.
The man nicknamed ‘Vicious’ because of his aggressiveness and vaunted power was widely considered as the next big thing in boxing and it will totally dominate his division before losing to Marco Maidana. But he made a remarkable by annihilating the previously unbeaten and hot prospects of facing Manny Pacquiao, Andre Berto (27-1, 21 knockouts), in one of the most classic and dramatic fights in the history of boxing. He give Andre Berto 3 knockdowns and eventually won a unanimous decision and if not for Floyd Mayweather Jr. fight, he may prefer to have a rematch with Berto as the latter’s believe that he can beat Victor Ortiz in brutal fashion.
Victor Ortiz said on RingTV.com during an exclusive interview on Friday.
“ Since what I went through with Maidana in 2009, I’m always having to explain those things that happened in that fight,” said Victor Oritz, who left the Maidana clash with a bloody face and a broken wrist that required surgery to repair.”
“They had billed me as the next Oscar Dela Hoya, and then I made one mistake in six rounds, and I got sliced open by the media. The way that they did me, and that way that they destroyed me, that was just crazy.”
Victor Ortiz (29-2-2, 22 knockouts) is now on hi dangerous and fatal intentions on unbeaten former pound-for-pound king Floyd Mayweather Jr., (41-0, 25 KO’s) in an HBO Pay Per View televised to defend his WBC Welterweight Belt. Many believes, that the winner of this fight will be in line to a blockbuster encounter against the 8th time division champion Manny ‘Pacman’ Pacquiao.
Mayweather vs. Ortiz is scheduled for the MGM Grand in Las Vegas on September 17, 2011 and definitely this could be a bang.
As Victor Ortiz: “I’ve been in training camp for the past two months already because I realize that fighting Floyd Mayweather is a big fight.” This could be Victor Ortiz second fight in Welterweight division as his first fight was against Andre Berto and immediately he made some noise by disposing Berto by unanimous decision.
As he continues: “But Floyd Mayweather Jr., don’t scare me at all. Not for a second. So as far as that goes, nothing’s changed…and Mayweather Jr. going down.”
Though his toughness was still in question and the way he open his guard while doing an attack mode to his opponents, still many believes that Victor Ortiz will give Floyd Mayweather Jr. a hard time and it could be possibly a big upset of the year and to derail the supposed dream match in boxing history the Pacquiao-Mayweather encounter.
Victor Ortiz knows that this could be his defining moment, and if there is a fighter who can truly match Manny Pacquiao power-by-power and stamina-by-stamina, it could be him and he assure to the fans that Floyd Mayweather Jr. is up to a big trouble come fight night.
Let’s get it on!